Good deal or what? Piranha aggression on other fish

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Ok my freind has two pacu piranhas tht are like 12" and a 2 9" oscars and 4 bala sharks and two catfishes and some cichlids he is selling them all for 100$ yes 100$ and they are all healthy now I would buy them but my only prob is would these piranhas be ok with my tire track and dojo and dragon goby?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Well - how big a tank are they all going in?
All of his fish will probably eat your fish.
And no; $100 is not a good deal. Those are fish that people usually can't even give away.
The 4 Bala Sharks are the only fish that would do well with your fish, and are actually worth buying - $5 each, depending on size. (Less if they are small.)

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
What are pacu piranhas? Also as was said those fish should be given to you just for taking off your friends hands. Very common

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I would say forget it, unless you are planning a huge tank in the 1000G + range with pacu in the mix

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
The 125 would be good for just the two Oscars, and that's about it. (And the Balas, if they are not snack size.)
Don't take offense by this; but you need to do a lot more research before even thinking about this. You can't house them, anyway.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
People give pacu for free because they can't hause them and don't have money for decent system.
Google pacu or look this fish on Youtube. They get very huge. Sad story is almost every pacu ended in zoo aquaria. :D
But if u go MONSTER and provide for them. You can defenitly keep them for life.
Its not hard to care for them is hard to provide for them. :thumbsup:
Good luck man hope you will keep them.
You will not be disapointed :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store