Paroon shark and stingray combination

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I'm looking into purchasing and owning a stingray.. Probably a motoro.. Would a paroon shark and a motoro be capable of living together? Do you think the paroon would bully or stress it? Paroons are constant swimmers that fly back and fourth. Im juss looking for some suggestions that people have and some ideas. Personality of the fish comes into play too. My paroon has been by himself for most of his life, so I don't know how he would react if he would be aggressive or not. Any suggestions and ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I would be more worried about having the proper size tank for a paroon shark before I would be worried about the ray/paroon combo. If you have the proper size tank then there should be no problem but if you ever wanted to breed rays the pups would definitley be lunch for a paroon. How big and old is the paroon?

ID sharks would be better as they tend not to put everything into their mouths like a paroon likes to do. It would be like housing a RTC, eventually they start swallowing tankmates. Never under estimate a catfish.

TacoRolla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Calgary
Agreed!all depends of this fish,if they had grown together They’re whole lives it may be a better chance that they would get along,but eventually the paroon will outgrow the ray and it could be a potential snack,is it worth the risk of having your ray eaten?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store