Ideas for fish

zachboro

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Ohio
I have a 75 gallon tank with a Red oscar, Pike cichlid, Florida Gar, Rhino pleco, Firemouth cichlid, electric blue acara. And I want to know if i should get rid of any or add new fish.:nilly:

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
If it were me I would rehouse everything but the Red oscar and maybe the pleco or the firemouth and even then you may run into issues. i have one of my oscars all to himself in one of my 75s and his nitrate levels can get high even with a lot of filtration. What you have is not a long term situation.

Decide what fish you want to keep the most and slim down or get a second tank.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would consider rehousing the gar and Oscar if you there's no way to get a bigger tank. The pike cichlid is also in question but what species is it? Wouldn't add till those are addressed or your getting a much bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
If they're all only a few months old you'll have water quality issues in 6 months when the Oscar and pleco are sh*tting their brains out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Seems like you want more of a community set up. Those fish will get way to big for that tank as the others have mentioned. Maybe look into smaller species like acaras, cryptoheros, rapheal cats or smaller fancy plecos

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store