What do your bichir eat?

Thatfishboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Northern indiana
I got a polypterus delhezi yesterday and he hasn't eaten yet. I gave him frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp. I was wondering what your bichirs like to eat and any suggestions on what to do. Also, this is my first time keeping any polypterus species and if u would drop some stories of yours that would be great! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I would try to get him to take frozen krill, market shrimp or tilapia.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Mine eats everything lol don't worry it's will get like tht he's just getting use to the tank, I started feeding mine dry plastic bottled bloodworms then I switched to cubed brine shrimp then to beef heart cause he wasn't growing much and now at 4-5" he eats everything I give him Canadian worms. Notice tht he will swim to the top of the water every 25-35 minutes and thts because he has lungs to help him breathe Better so don't put ur water high enough to wear they can't bob there heads out btw thts a beautiful one:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
U want growth feed beef heart massivore pellets and tilapia ...... Also make 100% sure that there r no holes at the top of ur tank cause he will find it and hop right out of it ... May not happen soon but one day he will get out so seal everything

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I feed mine frozen silversides. It used to eat pellets but all of a sudden decided it didn't like pellets anymore.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
U want growth feed beef heart massivore pellets and tilapia ...... Also make 100% sure that there r no holes at the top of ur tank cause he will find it and hop right out of it ... May not happen soon but one day he will get out so seal everything

Yes they do escape even when you think they wont. I learned this with my 14" endli twice. Luckily they can survive out of water for a while.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store