Hello what's new?

black1031

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
MI
Hey guys some of you may remember me, some probably have no clue as to who in the hell I am. I took a long break from the hobby, a very long break. I am getting back into it now. I was a breeder of central american cichlids here in MI, haitiensis, motaguense, dovii, grammode, labiatus, etc,.... All the big guys. I had to take a break to build my company and raise a little family. Instead of selling everything I kept it all, 40+ tanks and all the filtration and lighting I need. We had a little boy named Jack born Oct 1 2013 and he had to undergo heart surgery Nov 1 of the same year he is doing fantastic thanks to the folks at Detroit's Children's Hospital, he was just an addition to Sam and Mel my two daughters. So enough about me What's UP?!! What's new? Anything interesting in the hobby that I should know about?

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Hi ya doin, I'm Rocky, it's nice to meet you. Glad things are going fantastic with Jack. Also happy to hear I'm not the only one who would hang onto all your fish stuff while not in use. I don't ever get rid of my stuff!! :D
I couldn't really tell you what's new in the hobby as lately I've really enjoyed hearing from members who have been fishkeeping for 20-30 years plus. Before all the high tech flavor of the month stuff. I guess one thing I have noticed, is a lot more fish seem to be accessible, that may be a Southern California thing though.
Anywho, welcome back! :D

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
Welcome back and God bless Jack.

I would like to share that I am into Snakehead fish keeping and it is only this year that I found out there is a Platinum Northern Snakehead fish.

And I managed to get one. :D I might get another.

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth

black1031

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2005
MI
Those snakeheads are spectacular!! I wish they were legal. Yeah I have been in the hobby for quite a while 20+ years. Back when fish weren't illegal in the states.....My main interest though is still central american cichlids I can't wait to jump back in. I think my first project is going to be festae that's one I have always wanted to breed but never had an opportunity to do so.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome back. Fishkeeping is like la cosa nostra once you're in there's only one way out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store