Lacerdae hoplias ID?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Looks like the underside of my malas kind of, can't tell as it gets to white towards the top but I see it coming closer. Just can't tell how close which is more of what you need. Unless I just mis id'd mine. Check my thread for the pics I believe they're on pg 2. If they match and id'd correctly on my own yours is mala. Looks mala from that pic but them you flip it over and looks a little like a lac. Looks like my smaller mala.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Where are all the jaw shot experts???? lol

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Who is selling this fish?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not a jaw expert but will give an opinion. I have been wrong before and willing to learn. Looks mala due to v shaped fold though being sold as a lac. In general all lacs should have a u shaped fold with 6-8 pores. Due to variances in other countries I'm not sure if it applies. But I believe it does.

Fugupuff replied to a post before and he can tell for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I'm no expert - just a guy who likes his wolves and has a few. I'm just saying Ken's Lac doesn't look Lac next to one of Wes's. Now they're different species of Lacs, but I thought part of a Lac being a Lac was having a head shaped like a Lac.

BUT IF Phillipe is the expert, and he ID'd it then why the second guessing?????

My questions arise from this - http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?403315-Post-your-Wolf-fish-Pictures!!/page40
Look at post 400. Does that honestly look like a Lacerdae to you?

All I know is once my fish get to my house I've got lots of feelings to share..... Hopefully by the end of the week.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
DB junkie and creni, in the thread mentioned look at post #24. That's a bit interesting from what was posted earlier. It's a similar pic mentioned but look at the response.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
DB junkie and creni, in the thread mentioned look at post #24. That's a bit interesting from what was posted earlier. It's a similar pic mentioned but look at the response.
Now that's some funny stuff....... LMAO.

I trust KRS1 when it comes to wolves. I remember that guy knowing his stuff.

I have a Lac. A known Lac, as I'm assuming it's already too big to be anything else lol. I'll try to get some shots of her jaw. Clearly someone here is sadly mistaken cause it looks like even with pics of jaws people are on different pages.

Out of curiousity what is the most money anyone's ever paid for a Mala? Cause I think I might have a shot at that idiotic crown...... lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store