Fish TABOO any of you do this?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I know that everyone on here including me loves their fish just as they would a dog especially the "wet pet" type fish.... Some people take it to the extreme! Anyone here taxidermy their fish? Pics welcomed! Just thought I'd stir up something that hasn't been discussed lately

Sent from my LG-D850 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Its me... I can't forget my 22'' Silver arowana. But i must wait a litle to get him because my local taxidermy master is busy.
I will post pics when its done. It will be maunted on big drift wood. I decide i will collect all my fish. Taxidermy show me beatiful oscars that he make for clients :D
My wife thinks i'm crazy but i want to remember all my species for the rest of my life. Hope they will be just few
:popcorn:

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth
I would love to keep my Snakeheads till the end of their lives (monster size) and taxidermy them.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
If I had a fish for more than 10 years defiantly would stuff it....especially if it was a stingray wonder if anyone had their stingrays stuffed

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
A lot of taxidermists I've talked to won't do pets. They say it is to hard to make them look like what the owner remembers. That said if I were to do it it would be our Midas and one of our Peacock Bass.

sm1ie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Singapore
In Singapore, hobbyist have done so for their prized asian arowana. Looks pretty decent in my opinion.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
My taxidermist paint fish insert cutted styrofoam exact size plus everything.If fish have some mising parts like tail, he made it out of his materials. Fish look's like alive.He order all materials from us. He have very great reputation in my country. I saw his very big shark ;), catfish, oscars ,pike... everything.
I asked him about warranty. He said to me: warranty is for free as long as i live.
Can't wait to post pics here :nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store