So who/where is a good place to get retics in US? Thanks

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
If you are going to buy a retic (really tough ray to keep) my advice would be to haunt the NNJ shops like shark aquarium Aquascape beitals etc- when you find one- wait a week come back and see if it's still there (probably dead) if it is still there make them feed it ... If it eats and it is something you are willing to feed it . It is now time to buy

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Butthorn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2012
Philly
If you are going to buy a retic (really tough ray to keep) my advice would be to haunt the NNJ shops like shark aquarium Aquascape beitals etc- when you find one- wait a week come back and see if it's still there (probably dead) if it is still there make them feed it ... If it eats and it is something you are willing to feed it . It is now time to buy

Good luck

Thanks.

What makes reticulated rays "a really tough ray to keep" ? I know they can be tricky to feed at first and have a reputation for showing up in shops very unhealthy. That being said, if you have one that eats and is in good health, are they really that much tougher then other rays?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thanks.

What makes reticulated rays "a really tough ray to keep" ? I know they can be tricky to feed at first and have a reputation for showing up in shops very unhealthy. That being said, if you have one that eats and is in good health, are they really that much tougher then other rays?

The biggest issue is because they are so inexpensive there is less care taken with them when they are collected and shipped... and there mouths are small so getting them to eat is an issue... that is why i said if you see one eating then it is ok to buy, but a lot of time from the rough treatment being shipped they are so stressed when they get here they never eat or recover. Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store