My outdoor pond

frankg

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Homestead, Florida
Well, I've been a member for several years and never posted anything.
Figured it's time to show a few of my critters.
Here's a video of my pond, there's Pacu, Koi, Cichlid, and a buch of others that didn't show their face.
I'll make more videos.
Fortunately I live in a part of the country that the well water in the pond is crystal clear with zero filtration.
Water flows out of one well and goes right back into the aqua fir at the other end.
The pond is about 60 to 80,000 gallons and is three tier.
I will post areal shots of the pond to give a better idea of how it looks from above.
[video=youtube;NJlAbGipl4s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJlAbGipl4s[/video]

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice pond :thumbup::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

frankg

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Homestead, Florida
It's actually poured concrete that has algae grown over it through the years.
The pond has three tiers, the top is about 3' deep, the middle is about 4.5' deep and the last one is 14' deep in the coral rock.
The top two are poured concrete with waterfalls dropping into the lower ponds and the last pond is natural lime rock.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That sounds really nice,looking forward to more videos of this pond.

frankg

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Homestead, Florida
Actually, the pond is pretty much maintenance free. (almost)
The water that runs into it is straight out of a well and runs through the pond draining back into the ground at the other end through a cave / well that is at the opposite end.
Basically there's a constant water change going on 24/7 and the bottom is vacuumed out once every two months or so just to get some of the silt out. It actually gets pumped straight into my sod which serves as great fertilizer.

frankg

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
Homestead, Florida
Here's an areal view of the pond from the gazebo.[video=youtube;2_lqXX_GwBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lqXX_GwBU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store