Pool sand filter system ???

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I saw a lot of guys here with this type of filter. But i don't know anything how it works with bacteria. Its good or not.
Guys who use this for indor pond, big aquarium.... leave coment guys what du you think ?????
I buy mine today for my pool. Its rated for 19000 L pool That is 5019 galons pool. How about aquarium ratings ?
But if is good for Biological and Mechanical filtration for aquariums I don't see any reason whay not to use them ?
Its realy cheap compared to aquarium filters that powerful and big. I pay just 159 €. Not included hose and sand.
Some pics :D

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
That filtration people used on extreme Monster set up and no reply's ?
You are kidding me :irked:

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Pool sand filters are not pond filters.. though they look the same. Pond filter have large media so can take lower pressure certrifical pumps.

A real sand filter has very high resistance so they need much stronger pumps.

either work good when sized to the application... but generally speaking.. pond filters are much cheaper to operate but sand filters filter better due to the fine media of caked sand.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Yea i saw few on big aquariums with big fish. Crystal clear water + Great bio load.
Down side is
-pump for this type system draw big W compared to other designed for aquarium.(electricety bill rise :) )
-Pump is noisy.
But this 0.4mm - 0.8mm pool sand filter anything.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
I have read some threads, someplace, about people changing the sand so that a smaller more power efficient pump will work.

By the way Slovenija is my favorite place in Europe. Hope I get to go back someday.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I have read some threads, someplace, about people changing the sand so that a smaller more power efficient pump will work.

By the way Slovenija is my favorite place in Europe. Hope I get to go back someday.
I heard that to. people mod everything :D
Are you from slovenija or you just visited our country ?
Sure is great place here :D All fish legal :D

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
I heard that to. people mod everything :D
Are you from slovenija or you just visited our country ?
Sure is great place here :D All fish legal :D
No, I am from the US. I spent time there when I was in the Navy but it is the first place I would go to again in Europe. Great people, great food, and affordable. Also, all fish are legal! What is not to like?

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Chaz88 Salute to you
I'm happy to see other people like our little place. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store