NEW PROJECT, HELP PLEASE!

Abri

Feeder Fish
Mar 11, 2015
Yucatan
Hi! I just start planing my new project, a 315 Gallon Tank, I think in 200cmx60cmx100cmwidth, but i don't know the whatts that the heather must have and what kind of filtration, lts/h filtration, light and some tips that you experience in this size learn you. Thank you!

PD: I planing for take care of 1 arowana jardini, 2 Bichir Ornatipinnis, Motoro Stingray and 2 Big Cilids, Maybe 1 Jaguar and 1 Green Terror.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
You are most definitely going to have aggression issues with that stock. You'll want to use a sump system for that tank, and probably two 150-200watt heaters in the sump tank. light is all up to you and how you want it to look, I DIY all my lights with cheap LED fixtures from Home Depot.

mattyice572

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2015
New Jersey
I just broke down my 180 because its in my room and i was using a 75 gal tank as a sump. A main reason i broke it down was because it was very loud. Im redoing the area and putting in a 150 extra high but this time around ill be using an fluval fx5 canister filter. For a tank the size you are doing i would highly reccomend running 2 fluval fx6 canisters as well as a large airstone and a circulation pump on each end of the tank. Fish need water flow in tge water column, and you should have chaotic surface tension to allow proper gas exchanges. As for your fish selection id advise against the cichlids in there as they may end up killing the jardini or stingrays. As for substrate you have to keep the stingrays needs in mind, do small grain freshwater sand or bare bottom. You will need 2 heaters, i always go for tge eheim jager heaters, 2, 200 watt heaters will do the trick, be sure tobput a thermometer in the tank as any heater may need to be calibrated. And lighting depends on what you want to spend. Led will give you a nice shimmer making it appear more natural, i like the current led systems theyre affordable and reliable. But standard t-8 lighting will be cheaper.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Your location says Yucatan, so is it safe to assume you're from a tropical climate? If so, you shouldn't need a lot in terms of heating. I would think 400W should be plenty. Also, if you'll be using water pumps, it will be producing heat and transferring it to the tank water as well

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
As for your fish selection id advise against the cichlids in there as they may end up killing the jardini or stingrays..
The only thing I disagree with as if that jar is big enough, everything else in that tank is in trouble. They are like angry silver demons with no regards for anything else lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store