Juruense vs Florida gar

tbradley97

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
syracuse
Hi guys, I saw a 3" florida gar at my lfs for $20 and I would like to add him to my 33g long growout tank. Problem is I currently have a 7" juruense cat and 8" tire track eel in there until they are ready for my 150g stocked with two 12" oscars.

Will this work????????

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Tire track won't be a prob towards him, I have my 9" tire track with my goldfish and nothing but the real prob are those oscars I own 1 and man is he feisty he's only 4" but he's a war machine I honestly suggest tht u gotta choose between the oscars or the gar and where is this shop I'm currently looking for a Florida gar I'm in nj

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Fire eel with goldfish??? I thought goldfish prefer much cooler temps compared to the more tropical fire eel??

As for OP, fire eels generally are not problems with tank mates they cant fit in their mouths, and infact are quite timid for the most part so should be fine... Cant speak for your cat though as i have no experience with them

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Goldfish do just fine in warmer water - they just require a lot more tank maintenance (eating and pooping machines!)

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
yes agree my goldfish is huge and he poops nonstop i had to add a second filter because of him i could imagine my tank being much cleaner i have a 30 gallon high with juvenile baby koi and 1 filter isnt enough i have to do water changes and vaccum the gravel twice a wek cant wait to get my pond back together and put them in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store