Calculating Empty Tank Weight?

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
Hello. I think this is the right place to post my question... So I keep getting asked to ship my acrylic tank, every company wants to know weight. Is there a way to calculate weight? I know its heavy. But they want more detail than that obviously... If someone could help me figure it out, that'd be awesome! I guessed 500lbs, but I honestly have no idea... The dimensions are: 72inx72inx20in then the acrylic is .67in thick. Thanks for any help!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I come up with about 300lbs.

Thanks, BTW. I made my tank weight calculator a long time ago and this is the first time I've gotten to put it to use. LOL

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
Wow really? That's it?! Feels way heavier!

Athleticfisherman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2012
Canada
Hello. I think this is the right place to post my question... So I keep getting asked to ship my acrylic tank, every company wants to know weight. Is there a way to calculate weight? I know its heavy. But they want more detail than that obviously... If someone could help me figure it out, that'd be awesome! I guessed 500lbs, but I honestly have no idea... The dimensions are: 72inx72inx20in then the acrylic is .67in thick. Thanks for any help!
http://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/TankWeight.php

I got 306.8 lbs

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
You'll likely be charged for the dimensional weight by any freight company that agrees to handle it. With a dim factor of 250 you are looking at 415 lbs. Just something to keep in mind!

Edit, don't forget, you will need to put it on a (very large) pallet as well as having it wrapped. You will want a good deal of padding and wrapping around this thing. Trucking companies will bump it. Also make sure the pallet is a couple inches larger than the tank. You dont want other freight right up against it. It will raise the costs but will prevent a lot of damage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store