Value of jaguar breeding pair

Luke freshwater

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2015
Newyork longisland
Hey all MFK i just picked up a breeding pair of jaguar cichlids . I put them in my 125 gallon aquarium by themselves and are doing great with fry already . Anyway I was wondering what the pair was worth both fish are about 10"-11" and are beautiful . Thanks !:) Ps: reason im selling is because I've decided to move my retic ray to that tank next and start a discus and ray tank thanks!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It's depend on buyer and demand of that type of fish in your area and keeping them = 99% of time you can't add other fish to their tank which is most folks want a community tank than a single species...a pair of jag at that size worth nothing in my area, some even offer for free to get rip of it :D

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If the pair were F0 (wild) they may be considered very valuable to some people, or if they were an unrelated F1 pair, they may be considered semi-valuable.
Or if someone in your local club was looking to spawn them for BAP points you might have a good shot of getting a decent amount.
But as stated above, they have a very limited audience.
In my area a LFS might try to get $50 or above, but chances are, they might sit in the LS tank for 6 months or more.
One year I took a large mated pair of managuense to our local clubs auction, and they sold for over $50. The next year I took a large pair to the auction, and they sold for $5.
At local auction here, a bag of 10 juvies might sell for $3-$5.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store