Stumpy and Co

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Walking past the tank and decided to share a quick pick of stumpy and one of her sisters. Not the best pics as it was from phone, bright reflections etc
(And see if i can use the phone app... which i apparently cant lol).
Sent from my GT-I9505 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1427361823457.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1427361915281.jpg

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Looks great!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice marbles. I remember a post when stumpy was a pup. How old is he now?

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Looking great. Must be pretty cool having a raythat has no sting. I would be hand feeding much more if my rays had no stingers as it's a great way to interact with them.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Looks great!
thanks festaedan :)

Nice marbles. I remember a post when stumpy was a pup. How old is he now?
thanks spotfin
it seems an age ago when stumpy had the tail issue and all the rays in the tank will be 3yrs old in september.
stumpy is a "she" currently all the rays in this tank (4or5 i think) are girls so they get a good start before breeding or breeding attempts.

Looking great. Must be pretty cool having a raythat has no sting. I would be hand feeding much more if my rays had no stingers as it's a great way to interact with them.
thanks jim. i think if stumpy was to whack me with her stump it would still be pretty painful with all the little spikes that are on the tails of all rays but she doesnt have the same reach as the others lol.
i would probably be more inclined to hand feed if i hadnt experienced being stung before and the other rays were well out of the way.
its less scary than cleaning the glass with these little rays than it is with your hand next to a larger one though lol

hummm what happened to her tail ? nice marbles !
hi george, when she was born there was an incident presumably one of the parents though her tail was food and decided to find out what it would taste like ;-(
i would have sold her but my kids wanted to keep her. im glad they convinced me as i really quite like her especially being so small !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store