National Aquarium

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
Hello everyone. I'm planning s trip to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and wanted to know if they have any new world cichlids on display? I tried to look it up on their site but couldn't find this information. I haven't been there since the 7th grade and figured it was a fun day trip while the kids are on spring break. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
They do in the newer section of the aquarium. Not sure how long ago 7th grade was for you but they have improved it over the past few years.

KiiNGGiiNGER

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2013
Marietta, Ohio
Ive been there twice over the past few years and I dont remember any standalone cichlid tanks but they do have them spread out here and there, I love the place and would go back any time i could it amazing. One pair I do remember are a very large pair of True parrot cichlids.

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I went to national aquarium last October. Took the kids and nephews. Their freshwater setups are amazing. Giant scarlet plecos, big blue berry dollars, and giant arowanas. The giant mako sharks come to mind as well. They had a lot others, but those just came to mind. Good clean family fun.

Ps check the dolphin schedule, kids had a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I took a drive and went there years ago...probably in the late nineties and wasn't all that impressed then.. I have wondered why it's called the National Aquarium,is it government owned and run or something?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store