A new idea for aquarium backgrounds!! And aquariums in 4D or even 5D (sort of)?

What if you used a monitor or television the same size as the back pane of your aquarium, and you could loop video on it of the underwater footage specific to the fish you are keeping. I.e. underwater footage of the amazon, or great barrier reef if you keep saltwater fish.

Further, if you had only a smaller monitor or tv, you could build a 3d background that had some depth to it obviously, it being 3d and all :), and then you could create a viewing window for the monitor or tv, looping video as I mentioned above.

And with respect to 4D, have speakers built into your stand that play sounds of where your fish come from, i,e. a bubbling brook, wavy river, seaguls calling, ships horns sounding, buoys clanking their bells?

Then 5D, you create smells that are related to the area where your fish are from, using the new scent distribution technology that most room air freshener companies are using these days, some even have multiple scents that rotate, i.e. the viewer would smell a musty jungle smell, or the smell of a fresh pile of moose droppings if you keep Northern Pike.

All these things could be triggered by motion sensors so they don't waste electricity or scent stinks.

OOOOOhhh, and then you could tie everything into your programmable LED lighting for rain and thunder and lightening and storm and sunrise and sunset effects!!!

Example set-up:

A biotype planted Amazon river tank with a custom 3D background with a viewing window. Your fish swim as if in the elbow of a tiny tributary of the mighty river. In the background, through the viewing port, the view catches a glimpse of the river just outside of this little elbow. Thousands of fish swim past. A boat's underbelly motors past. Perhaps a giant anaconda! Over the speakers, you hear the CAW CAW calls of the birds above and the howls of monkeys, buzzing giant insect wings, Rain gently falls, causing the LEDs to dim and then lightening strikes! Through the air mister unit comes the smell of ripe bananas and musty river capi berras (or however you spell that giant river rat/mouse), and the stink of rain and mud and monkeys!.

Thoughts?

Podzy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2015
Toronto
What if you used a monitor or television the same size as the back pane of your aquarium, and you could loop video on it of the underwater footage specific to the fish you are keeping. I.e. underwater footage of the amazon, or great barrier reef if you keep saltwater fish.

Further, if you had only a smaller monitor or tv, you could build a 3d background that had some depth to it obviously, it being 3d and all :), and then you could create a viewing window for the monitor or tv, looping video as I mentioned above.

And with respect to 4D, have speakers built into your stand that play sounds of where your fish come from, i,e. a bubbling brook, wavy river, seaguls calling, ships horns sounding, buoys clanking their bells?

Then 5D, you create smells that are related to the area where your fish are from, using the new scent distribution technology that most room air freshener companies are using these days, some even have multiple scents that rotate, i.e. the viewer would smell a musty jungle smell, or the smell of a fresh pile of moose droppings if you keep Northern Pike.

All these things could be triggered by motion sensors so they don't waste electricity or scent stinks.

OOOOOhhh, and then you could tie everything into your programmable LED lighting for rain and thunder and lightening and storm and sunrise and sunset effects!!!

Example set-up:

A biotype planted Amazon river tank with a custom 3D background with a viewing window. Your fish swim as if in the elbow of a tiny tributary of the mighty river. In the background, through the viewing port, the view catches a glimpse of the river just outside of this little elbow. Thousands of fish swim past. A boat's underbelly motors past. Perhaps a giant anaconda! Over the speakers, you hear the CAW CAW calls of the birds above and the howls of monkeys, buzzing giant insect wings, Rain gently falls, causing the LEDs to dim and then lightening strikes! Through the air mister unit comes the smell of ripe bananas and musty river capi berras (or however you spell that giant river rat/mouse), and the stink of rain and mud and monkeys!.

Thoughts?
I Think you are definitely on to something here . Have Shower heads installed from the ceiling and have it rain down on the aquarium to simulate a rain shower ha ha ha. The fish in the backround would definitely spook the fish I would think,

I Think you are definitely on to something here . Have Shower heads installed from the ceiling and have it rain down on the aquarium to simulate a rain shower ha ha ha. The fish in the backround would definitely spook the fish I would think,
oooh i like the shower head thing.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

Example set-up:

Thoughts?
I would prefer not to have a poop smell in my house. I'll leave that for public restrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I thought about making a drip tray incorporated into the lid of the tank and having the returns from the sump go into the tray and having it "rain" along the length of the tank. It would make a cool effect along with leds

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Taker

Banned
Aug 6, 2005
Earth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store