What kind catfish would be best for this tank?

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
I have a 150 gallon tank and currently housed in it are one pleco, two large angels, one leopard ctenopoma (african leaf fish), two clown loaches, one Oranda goldfish, several baby koi I'm growing out for a pond, and several baby turtles (two RES, one painted, one Mississippi map). I also plan on getting a peacock eel. I understand that this is a strange combination but I assure you all the fish are thriving and have separate places to be house if any issues occur.
Anyways, I was wondering what kind of, if any, catfish would do well in this tank? I was thinking corydoras at first but then realized my turtles would probably eat them. I was worried a Raphael would fight with the pleco... Is this true? Can anybody help me out?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That is some odd stock list. Maybe a sun cat would fit the bill. The gold fish and koi are cold water fish and really shouldn't be kept at the higher temps required for the other fish.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
That is some odd stock list. Maybe a sun cat would fit the bill. The gold fish and koi are cold water fish and really shouldn't be kept at the higher temps required for the other fish.
Yeah Ive heard the whole jist about the whole coldwater / tropical problem. The tank water's not too warm but it's just warm enough for the tropicals, the koi tolerate it well and it's just until they get big enough to be put in a relative's pond. After all koi do fine in outdoor ponds in the summer here in southern Michigan.
I like the sun cats and bumblebees, any advice where to get them?

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Yeah Ive heard the whole jist about the whole coldwater / tropical problem. The tank water's not too warm but it's just warm enough for the tropicals, the koi tolerate it well and it's just until they get big enough to be put in a relative's pond. After all koi do fine in outdoor ponds in the summer here in southern Michigan.
I like the sun cats and bumblebees, any advice where to get them?

Sun cats are always around in my area but ive only seen the asian bumblebees once. I see the small bumblebees everywhere though. Just make sure its bigger than two inches when you get it that way you know its the right one lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
Sun cats are always around in my area but ive only seen the asian bumblebees once. I see the small bumblebees everywhere though. Just make sure its bigger than two inches when you get it that way you know its the right one lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Haha ok, I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks so much

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store