Oscar got spooked

seanxwarp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
San Diego and Philippines
Well my 4" Oscar got spooked by my walking vibrations and its fins hit a sharp decor causing the fin to be split into two. I'm currently doing everything that helps heal fin regeneration. Will the fin heal back or will it not heal at all? If it heals, how long can it take with pristine water?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Doesn't look to bad. Should heal up no problem

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Not long. A.week if all conditions are great.

This is my Oscar. About 12" 5 years old
Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1427432728758.jpg

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Could you give all the parameters on your tank? Size, filtration, water parameters, water change amount and frequency, filter cleaning frequency ect.... Might be something that we could help with to get you over the one year mark and into the long term health of your O. Just sounds like something might be off, I generally get 10 to 12 years out of my O's.

seanxwarp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
San Diego and Philippines
The last 2 oscars died because 1 died from a power outage a few months ago and the other died because a certain relative thought it would be funny to prank me by pouring food coloring and some other harmful chemical into my oscar tank. But if its necessary, 55 gallon tank with one oscar where I do 25% water changes weekly and my filtration media gets cleaned once a month. The filters I use is a mix of pothos plant filtration and Fluval HOB

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
The last 2 oscars died because 1 died from a power outage a few months ago and the other died because a certain relative thought it would be funny to prank me by pouring food coloring and some other harmful chemical into my oscar tank. But if its necessary, 55 gallon tank with one oscar where I do 25% water changes weekly and my filtration media gets cleaned once a month. The filters I use is a mix of pothos plant filtration and Fluval HOB
That should work. I would be using the prankster as fish food! :irked:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I would do way more than 25% weekly water changes on that tank. I used to do like 80%

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Cleaning filter media 1 time a month with Oscar? It's a messy eater so I would clean it more often like once 1 week during you do your weekly WC.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store