clown loach tankmates

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
what would be some good tank mates for clown loaches, who don't produce much waste and preferably a bottom dweller

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
It really depends on the size of the loaches. I kept three ~6" cl's in my Polypterus/gar tank and it worked until the congicus hit 16".

CAM04820.jpg

Huge bummer. Lower jaw Polypterus or smaller lungfish would be great options. It all just depends on the size of the cl's relative to their mates.

I learned my lesson the hard way.
:(

CAM04820.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
What about Raphael cats mate ? They don't get too big , don't eat too much so not endless waste , and there peaceful so they won't try nail the cl's
Just first thing that came to mind :D what you having as top dwellers ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
It really depends on the size of the loaches. I kept three ~6" cl's in my Polypterus/gar tank and it worked until the congicus hit 16".

View attachment 1066844

Huge bummer. Lower jaw Polypterus or smaller lungfish would be great options. It all just depends on the size of the cl's relative to their mates.

I learned my lesson the hard way.
:(
sorry for your loss, did you get rid of the other cl's? there are a few small albino senegals here. i might try one

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
What about Raphael cats mate ? They don't get too big , don't eat too much so not endless waste , and there peaceful so they won't try nail the cl's
Just first thing that came to mind :D what you having as top dwellers ?

no top dwellers yet:D. just a few cl's. rafael is a good choice but they are not available here, i ve only seen one so far. Would a small synodontis species work?

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yeah I don't see why not some get quite big though and bossy , the angelicus could be a good choice mines always been fine in every tank I've put him in , seems to be a slow grower too compared with other synos I've had

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
no top dwellers yet:D. just a few cl's. rafael is a good choice but they are not available here, i ve only seen one so far. Would a small synodontis species work?
I have a featherfin cat in with my 7 loaches, they share tank bottom space with no issue. I also have 2 bushfish, 2 butterfly fish, and 4 polys in the tank, they all get along very well. Butterfly fish make a great top water addition to any tank IMO.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Personally, I would just add more CLs......can never have too many CL ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store