Turnover rate with 40g wet dry/refugium

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
I have a 200 or 210g tank and a 40 gallon refugium/ wetdry. What would you guys suggest the turnover rate be. I researched and a lot of people say 4x-6x with that style filter. So I was planning on getting this eheim pump rated 900gph with 6ft Max head for the sump. Will that pump be enough? I have two 1" bulkheads for drainage from display tank into sump.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I say go overboard with pump size and throttle it back. The best way to do that is with one of the new DC powered pumps that have come out. That way you just push a button to adjust flow, plus they don't use many electrons. http://www.fish-street.com/jebaojecod_dc_water_return_pump_us_delivery_canj_warehouse
These guys have the best price I have seen. I have two of the ones made by Waveline. (maybe not made, but labeled as) The oldest has been in operation a little over two years without a hiccup. The Jebao wasn't available here at the time. I hear mostly good stuff about their products.

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
I already have the eheim 1262, I bought it a month ago because of its good reviews. But I can get my hands on a sicce 10 which is rated 2500gph at 12ft max head. Do you think 2500 is an over kill? Any experience with sicce?

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
So you guys think the 1262 eheim is enough to keep up with the 2x 1"
drainage? It's sole purpose is just to return water to my tank nothing else. I have three wavemakers for circulation and air discs.

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
image.jpg
This is my refugium set up, the middle basket will hold my plants, the drawer tower is filled with bioballs, ceramic rings and seachem matrix. Also lined with filter floss

image.jpg

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
So looks like I'm going to go with the sicce syncra hf10 rated at 2500gph. I'm getting it used off craigs for 50$ which is a steal. Thanks for the advice Rodger. I'll just plumb it and dial it back if it's too much or add an inline iv sterilizer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store