What is Ken's "Green Lacerdae"

:popcorn:

IMG_4922.JPG

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looks just like my baby small mouth bass :)

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
I thought wolfs were ID'd by holes under the jaw. You might need closer shots

Flachsi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2015
Germany
On the first look i would say its a mala because the underjaw is V shaped. All Lac's i've seen has a clearly U shaped underjaw. Here's a pic of a Wolffish from PantaRhei Aquatics in Hannover Germany near to me. This is an Wolffish from the Laceradae group i think it's an H.Australis. But on this pic we can see the U shaped jaw nicely.

IMG_6636.JPGIMG_6637.JPG
IMG_6638.JPGIMG_6639.JPG
IMG_6640.JPG

greetings from Germany :D

IMG_6638.JPG

IMG_6639.JPG

IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6636.JPG

IMG_6637.JPG

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Wow, either I'm getting better at this, everyone's being shy, or I'm sadly mistaken........

Looks to me like the lines "V" together about the center of the fish's eye then stay together for like a full eye length? Not sure how the lines touching could be confused with running parallel?????

Is that not Mala all day long? :confused:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Mala IMO. Can't see the pores but will try again on pc when I get home. When in doubt count the pores. Lacs have 6-8 so if not at least six and no u shaped fold then can't be lac. Your getting better at it DB.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Thanks! lol..... It's really easy to tell on big wolves, but these little guys make me see cross eyed.

Pores.... Will have to look into that, actually will probably need someone else to, cause I honestly can't see the things. I've needed glasses since I was a kid and have never got them. Very hard for me to see/read little stuff........

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Thanks! lol..... It's really easy to tell on big wolves, but these little guys make me see cross eyed.

Pores.... Will have to look into that, actually will probably need someone else to, cause I honestly can't see the things. I've needed glasses since I was a kid and have never got them. Very hard for me to see/read little stuff........
These little guys are a bit tough for sure.

Sorry that this is turning out the
way it is. Like you gotta question your whole stock it seems except for the stuff from Wes.

I hope this puta things at rest for you.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
These little guys are a bit tough for sure.

Sorry that this is turning out the
way it is. Like you gotta question your whole stock it seems except for the stuff from Wes.

I hope this puta things at rest for you.

I don't really question any of my stock........ I've always said the best bet is to buy from a trusted source. Wes has NEVER let me down. IF he did I'd just be more excited to see what he would pick me up with...... :)

However, the fish that did NOT come from Wes, well it was expected that they aren't what they were supposed to be. Anyone that sends a gutted fish to a 1st time customer then plays dumb about it can't be trusted, and the best way to buy fish is to buy from those you trust, so I just hope that my $400/pr Malas were a big enough mistake that people realize that and don't make the same mistake themselves. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store