peacock bass with torn fins

dakota954

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
United States
I have a 150 gallon tank which houses a Texas cichlid about 6in, a salvini cichlid about 4in, a black belt that my girlfriend begged me for that's about 3in, a jaguar cichlid that's about 5in, a african tiger pike that's probably 6in, and a peacock bass that is about 5in. Yes I know all these fish will get big and a bigger tank is in the works. Lately though I have been noticing that my peacock bass has torn (not sure what they're called) side fins. All of my other fish don't have a mark on them it's just the peacock bass that's torn up. There are not any white tufts on the fins or anything that looks like some kind of fungus but his fins look split and frayed. What do you think could be causing this? My african tiger pike is known to chase him around the tank but he never bites at him just chases him. What can I do to allow his fins to heal quickly?

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
There is one beating on that bass, you can use Melafix for that but until you fix the issue that bass will continue get beat up, get stress out then die or start getting disease then spread to everyone in that tank.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Wow that tank will be WW 3 soon when them bruisers start to mature. a lot of hiding places should help. I could see the jag or black belt running that tank but with cichlids you never know. I only do characins and cyprinids now no more cichlids for me but cichlids are cool, good luck with tank and et the bass out of there to heal o nin a smaller tank with melafix.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store