Zebrina group on the way

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered 4 of these bad boys , to me I always wanted these fish but the 800+ prices was scary lol. Since there are in the 6-7" range I plan on putting them in a 125 gal. However I have a huge pair of haitiensis male 13"s and female 9"s in my 265gal. I was wondering if anybody knew how big they get (zebrina ). And should I move my haits and give the 4 zebrina the 265 gal?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Lol is it even a question?? Lol get those haitiensis outta there! Wow ur going hard man, maybe u can even try and spawn them although they're black water from the rio Ventuari so it'll be quite a challenge. Also they're a species that appreciates a lot of current. Lucanus has a vid of them swimming into current stronger than larger pbass

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Yeah I fully converted from keeping SA and central cichlids to straight creni's. I have bred so many of them that I need a challenge. I have a ton of brand new driftwood and a monster RO machine with a 96 gallon trashcan to hold the made water. I am all in. I just need a challenge if u know what I mean. 😉

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I'm jealous, I was hoping to grab a group and give breeding an attempt but finance and space are limited. I'm for putting them in 265. As far as size for a Zebrina my girl is 12 inches and I have a strong feeling she's not done yet and may have another 2-4 inches left till her max. If that challenge winds up being breeding I wish you good luck and hope you'll update here often. There's not much info out there about these guys or many Creni for that matter so it'd be nice to have a resource like that here.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Very Nice. That's a pretty penny right there. I Think ZEBRINAS are some of the nicest pikes. Gold luck.

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Top stuff buddy! im from England so these are harder to get for me! Spoke to jeff and he"s 2 zebrina left at $550 wich is good price! But to get them over to me will work out at £550 uk each! Think it"ll be cheeper to move to the states Lol

Can get a few in germany at a price of 800 euro"s!

Get them in the Bigger tank mate and get some cool pics :thumbsup:

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Thanks everyone. I will pick them up Monday I'm hoping. All I'm trying to do now is breed different creni species. I have bread lepidota pikes and sax's before but now I'm only working with lugubris and other hard to breed pikes. I'm ready lol😉

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store