Best fungal treatment?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Try methylene blue. It's best used in a hospital tank it is tough on bb so avoid main tank if possible.

Jimr

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Lyme Ct.
Has he been separated? If not - do. I've found that's usaully all you have to do. Even if you don't think he's being picked at. But the safest if you wanted to treat would be Melafix. Not sure if it really does anything but I use it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Try methylene blue. It's best used in a hospital tank it is tough on bb so avoid main tank if possible.

Ditto, hospital tank or as a topical trearment.

But also Nitrofurazone works great especially in combination with Kanomycin for a in tank treatment. It will turn your water green. But I would try to seperate first an see if it goes away without any stressers from other rays.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I'm with Tom and ShadowStryder methylene blue is one of the more efficient treatments and is one of the safer treatments as well with the exception of it's effect on BB. If you don't have a hospital tank you can try a methylene bath once a day in conjunction with a safe for BB in tank treatment.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
He is divided by himself in a section of a 450 gallon. He has been by himself for about 2 weeks now, it looks to be healing but very very slowly...

I dont have a hospital tank, and on the other side of my tank is my armatus... So i need to be careful...

Will salt actually work? I wouldnt mind dosing heavy salt, or i may have to do the methylene blue bath

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Doesn't look to be bad or if to be anything. Salt should be good.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Looks like columnaris. The pics suck but the fuzz is there and not going away. I need to get it cured so i can put him with some other fish

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
As far as I know salt is only actually good for osmoregulatory stress, nitrite poisoning and ick. Though I've heard in a bath at high concentrations it can be effective against other things. Do you have anything you could administer a bath in? If not you can probably get away with using something like Kordons Rid Fungus since it's not a serious case. Kordons itself is mild enough to be used with naked cats so I imagine it wouldn't bother the Arm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store