Knots and trout.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Anyone know if the perfection loop knots work for thin braided lines?
Im going fishing Salmo Trutta Fario tomorrow, and i usually fish pike, zander and perch so this is not something i know much about, thinking i dont need a trace, and im just gonna tie a little loop to a snap. I dont know much about this, the small stream where im gonna be fishing, is a little weird, some of it is rocky, and shallow with lots of flow like 20 - 30cm, possibly some deeper holes, and then theres a part thats deeper, like 50 - 60cm i think, again with holes. Im gonna try fishing the holes, and overhanging branches, and stuff with small crankbaits, and spinners. Like size 1 - 3 spinners, and 3 - 7cm crankbaits. I havent really tryed this before, but im hoping to catch something. Its about 6 - 8 degrees. Should i try in the middle of the day, morning or evening?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Brown Trout will hit all times of day but I've found evening and even into the night is best. The darker it gets the shallower they'll move in to chase forage fish that gather by the shorelines during the night. Try fish against under rocks and banks with rooster tails, small spoons, and other smaller lures. Chartreuse color is what most people, including myself, have the most luck with for lures and flies. Good luck to you, hope you catch some nice ones!

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Yeh i acually have too little fat chartreuse crankbaits that i though looked really cool. Im very exicited about this, not something i have tryed before.
Am i supposed to cast against the stream or with it. Thinking with it, so that when i reel in i can just stop infront of places i like and let the bait wiggle in the flow. Any luck using small rubber lures, and do you know about the perfection loop for snap? Do you usually just tie directly to the lure, or?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You'll want to cast downstream from yourself and bring the lure back against the current. Sometimes holding it right be undercut banks with string flow will entice a fish out. I always catch my browns on rooster tails, spoons, or another lure that I try to keep secret, I'll PM you about it. Not sure about the perfection loop. I always just tie a cinch knot to a small snap swivel so I can quickly change lures when I need to.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
You'll want to cast downstream from yourself and bring the lure back against the current. Sometimes holding it right be undercut banks with string flow will entice a fish out. I always catch my browns on rooster tails, spoons, or another lure that I try to keep secret, I'll PM you about it. Not sure about the perfection loop. I always just tie a cinch knot to a small snap swivel so I can quickly change lures when I need to.
I do the same thing. I wouldn't use a swivel.

I have great success using a night crawler hooked through the back of a rooster tail.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Thanks for all the tips, again i mean im going out for the first time tomorrow, and i acually forgot my perch box, which i had alot of lures, that would have been nice, but im not completely out of lures, still got some. Checking my pms now. I havent heard of brown trouts being caught were im gonna fish, only another place on the river, but i think its just because its a rarely fished place, its looks good. Ill start out in the shallow very heavy currentwater, then try the deeper less current water. Think the deeper might have as much current. My polerised classes are really helping spotting the holes, and places that could house fish, i can see the bottom most places, i walked along the stream today without a rod, but i didnt spot one fish, would have exspected to see some baitfish or something. The stream is kinda blocked one place by wood, and just weird stuff, but i think its fine, think the fish will find a wa trough, its like 2 meters just filled with wood, and branches. not completly dammed i think, its just hard to see because the surface is very dirty there

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I didnt catch anything, im gonna be out again tomorrow, this time im gonna fish the other way. I ended up using a small white, and quite heay spoon because of the current. I just casted anywhere i could, but tomorrow id like to look for more specific spots i should fish, what should i look for other than deeper holes, corners, and places with shade?

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I didnt catch anything, im gonna be out again tomorrow, this time im gonna fish the other way. I ended up using a small white, and quite heay spoon because of the current. I just casted anywhere i could, but tomorrow id like to look for more specific spots i should fish, what should i look for other than deeper holes, corners, and places with shade?
Sorry you didn't catch anything. Undercut banks and deep channels tend to work the best for me.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Yeh, id imagine something like that. Im gonna try again tomorrow, but fish the other way, where i know theres been caught fish (Not close to where im fishing, but the correct direction) I had a hardtime getting down to the buttom because of the current, issues ill be having again tomorrow haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store