Microfishing! When your goal and thought process of fishing is all backwards!

timetraveler22

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2014
Miami
So, you might not know this, but microfishing is a thing! And it means exactly what the name implies. To catch smaller fish on purpose! LAH0LpH.jpg This was a sergeant major that nearly broke the line! And you can still see the line and the bait too. It's actually pretty fun if you have nothing else to do. You can catch bait with this, take your kids fishing with it. Don't have the gas money for the bass boat, but still want to fish, and if it's too hot that big fish aren't biting, this is still a way to "fish" when there's no monster's to catch.

LAH0LpH.jpg

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
I used to have some size 10 and 12 baitholder hooks I'd take with me to the catfish ponds to catch small sunfish out of the weeds with a little piece of worm

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
I love microfishing. Fun while waiting for something big on another line or when you've not got much time

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
image.jpg Size 22 hook trying to catch some little minnows. Apparently bass don't care how small your bait is they'll take it anyways.. They're ruining everything haha

id10t

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Have used light wire long shank 18 and 20 hooks to catch gambusia. The line gets to be a problem - even 2lb test mono floats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store