Drip system with sump filters..

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Okay I understand drips and stuff but everybodies setup is different in every ways.. I have my marineland 300 gal deep dimension.. it have two over flow towers built in each corner of the tank than I diy my sump with a 125 gal tank... Now my problem is that my last or lowest baffle is about 12" high.. i can only drip into the show tank and drill an 1/2" hole in my lowest section of my sump with the same level of the lowest baffle so the excess water will leave my tank.. problem I notices now is that in a power outage pump stops and the drain still works with dripping into tank isn't faster than water leaving tank when power starts back.. my sump water level isn't enough so pump will be pumping air till drip finish replenishing the tank.. anyone would know how to deal with this situation????

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Look into a "normally closed solenoid". You leave it plugged in and the power on leaves it open, power off and is closed as its normal state.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
remove the baffles

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Look into a "normally closed solenoid". You leave it plugged in and the power on leaves it open, power off and is closed as its normal state.

Know where can I find this "normally closed solenoid"?? I guess I have to install it on my bulkhead right??

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Know where can I find this "normally closed solenoid"?? I guess I have to install it on my bulkhead right??
You can use quick disconnects to plumb inline which you want to do in order to service it or replace it without ****ting down the system. As far as finding one you will need to do a little homework to find it. I am on mobile at the moment and wont be on for a few hours so I cant link ya, sorry

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
i think i should make 2 holes for my drip system.. 1 i would normally like the water level to stay in certain level with this closed valve than when power goes out.. my 2nd hole would be about 4" above the valve hole so drip without power would drain to that level only with sump..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store