got a pair of red terrors need more info on breeding

fernie831

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
CA
i got what i think is a pair of red terrors. had the male for about a year and is about 6 1/2 in and the female is about 4 in. i got her and another red terror about 2 months ago. they didn't have much color when i got them but then about 2 weeks later one of the newer red terrors started getting color and the big male started digging around. they were in a 125 gallon tank with other SA/CA cichlids and then they both got really aggressive and had their tank mates in a corner so i ended up moving them to a 55 gallon ( i know its too small for them but didn't want them to kill my other fish and they are not that big YET) with a divider. they have been in there for about 3 weeks. the male has dug up all over his side the female doesn't get her bars unless the male gets close to her and he's a little aggressive to her. she also twitches every now and then. she is mostly on her side. there is also tail wagging. are all these good signs? how long would it take for them to spawn? is there anything i can do to help them to spawn? i do 25% water change a week and temp is about 80? any info would be appreciated thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store