altispinosa "Bolivian Ram" and ramirezi "German Blue Ram"

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
I really like both of these fish and am not sure if i should pick of 2-3 of each or if that's not a good idea.

Stock list is currently 135 long with 2 FX5's (all fish are less than 3inches currently)
8 Clown Loaches
2 Rainbow Sharks
3 Green Tiger Barbs
3 Unknown Tiger Barbs
2 (Pair) Apistogramma

I remember something about them not going well together but i know nothing about rams. Anyone want to educate me about if its ok to have these fish together with my current stock?

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
If your temp is 82 - 84F or higher go with the ramirezi. If you plan to keep it any lower, altispinosus does better. Stick with a group of 4 - 6 of one kind.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
I didn't see anything about them not being comparable with clowns in that article... I have talked to several people and they seem to believe it's not bad to have both. Does anyone have experience with clowns and Rams?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
Your concern there is that rams and loaches both stay near the bottom levels of your tank, so they'll basically be on top of each other. It may not be such a big deal when the clowns are small but as they grow the rams may find themselves unsettled by the larger clowns.

Iffrat

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2009
Dallas Texas
that's unfortunate. I really enjoy the looks of the Rams and would like to have something with that kind of color in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store