New baby monster fish!!

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Hope you didnt pay to much for the fire eel, hes about to be slurrped up like a spaghetti noodle.

Cool trio of fish nonetheless, hope you have plans for the rtc.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
The RTC is going to out grow him regardless.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Cute little guys!
To be honest, the RTC will be your only fish very soon if you plan on keeping them together.
The gar and eel are very slow growers and will be snack sized very soon. (The eel already is at risk, if not the gar too.)
What are your plans for housing the RTC in the next 6 months?

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
My plans are a 270 gallon pond (indoor since I live in jersey) it doesn't sound like a lot of gallons for a RTC but the lay out is 10' by 6'. And is he really tht aggressive? I know he will eat what fits in his mouth but is he rally capable of killing my 10" tire track and my 6" birchirs and my 4" gar?? Now I'm nervouse lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

OTp1144

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
Swimmin' with the fishes
Yeah that's still not big enough for an RTC really. I'd say 12' square footprint would be the smallest got a full grown RTC.

Also for reference, I had an RTC in a 10g grow out with a full grown betta (not ideal I know by the RTC was literally 1" and the betta was 3". Also I was dumb and noob then) long story short, betta disappeared. An RTC is a stomach with a mouth and fins. I've seen an 18" RTC take down 16" clown knife and 17" gar.

Sent from my 831C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dmcskoolkid

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2010
MD
Had a rtc back in the day with a tank too small bought a Florida far just as long as the rtc 8 inches and he still ate him so very soon you'll probably just be keeping an rtc

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store