Eheim 2262 leaking

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
Hello, Yesterday I cleand my eheim 2262 that was on my 200 gallon, woke up this morning to a very small puddle at the bottom of my stand and it's leaking from the LID of the canister. I figured maybe the O-ring got jostled when I cleaned it so I tried to re-seat it, but this O-ring has little bumps in it that I'm pretty sure go where the clamps go. I have tried putting the flat part on the bottom and I have tried putting the flat part against the side of the canister on the lip, but no matter what I do it still leaks, and it leaks worse now. Can someone please help me? I'm getting very frustrated with this.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have the exact same problem, I think. I have a giant tube of food grade silicone lube. I ran a bead to completely fill the groove for the o ring and then assembled it. It isn't leaking now but I ordered a new o ring to keep on hand. My buddy said the FX5 O ring fits. It is also cheaper and more readily available. My new O ring will be here Tuesday. I have another 2262 that I need to clean but figured I would wait for the O ring just to paly it safe.

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
I have the exact same problem, I think. I have a giant tube of food grade silicone lube. I ran a bead to completely fill the groove for the o ring and then assembled it. It isn't leaking now but I ordered a new o ring to keep on hand. My buddy said the FX5 O ring fits. It is also cheaper and more readily available. My new O ring will be here Tuesday. I have another 2262 that I need to clean but figured I would wait for the O ring just to paly it safe.
I tried putting the FX5 lid o-ring on the 2262 and it does not work in the slightest....

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
I re-seated the O-ring for what feels like the 7th time and I finally got it to stop leaking, it's running fine now... I sure won't ever mess with it again unless I have to...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store