Introducing a new fire eel

reniculou1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2014
Washington
Ok do to start I have a 448g tank (6x5x2)
tankmates
2- reticulated rays, disc size of 6.5"
1- 13" fire eel
5- tinfoil barbs
1- pictus catfish 5"
1- 3" phantom pleco

I resently bought a 24" fire eel the other day, plan was to setup another tank for him. Because lots of stories of not being able to house them together unless they grow up together. So I changed my mind and I want to put the new 24" fire eel in my 448g with the other fire eel. My question is should I keep my original plan of seting up a new tank for the new eel or because I have such a large tank should I try to introduce the new fire to my old one? I know there will be some fighting to establish a pecking order but I they might be ok since I have a large tank

This is a pic of my tank and the new fire eel

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
That is a SWEET tank man.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
That is a badass tank! Sorry I can't help answer your question but there's a member on here that has multiple tire track eels in the same tank. I'll try to find his thread or hopefully he'll see this and chime in

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
that tank will look cool when those tinfoil barbs get big. I think the eels willl be fine, just have hiding places for both of them.

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Beautiful eel and yes I would try introduce them if they don't get along then just put him back in the tank but
I Think he will be fine, I have a 2-3" fire eel with my 9-11" tire track and they are best buds and don't mind eachother

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store