Arowana ID. HBRTG?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Buy from a trusted seller and whatever the certificate says is what the aro is going to be. Should never have to get an ID on an Asian arowana if you buy from a trusted source if you have to question it then don't buy it.

royy1508

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2015
GTA
I seen this ad but I have a few concerns. Firstly, he initially posted the ad as an RTG, which is kind of alot for $550. However, it is apparently from "Dreamfish", which is suppose to be a very reputable farm. Secondly he changed the ad title to HBRTG. And the difference between RTG and HBRTG could justify the price, but the fact that he changed it makes me sceptical. Lastly, I don't like asian arowanas in a community tank like that. Unless he owns a scanner, which I highly doubt, they all have specific id number and chips and when you mix it like that how does the seller distinguish between certificates?? My LFS separates every arowana and writes in the corner a number, which I believe is used to match the certificate.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
That's why you have to watch who you buy from and if he doesn't have a chip reader and can't match the fish to the certificate that would be another reason not to buy. I would be definitely skeptical buying an aro out of that tank.

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I found the advertisement here: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pets-other-items/mississauga-peel-region/hbrtg-arowana/1059651282

The seller has a chip reader, so customers can check the fish RIFID tag against the certificate #. These fish are very nice and do show high shine. They are, however, red tail gold (Dreamfish Gold), and are not HBRTG (Dreamfish Premium Gold). The seller will need to be clear on this point to avoid confusion with buyers and potential disappointment in future.

Having said that, it is not uncommon these days for good quality "RTG" from top tier Singapore aro farms like Dreamfish to end up looking like "HBRTG" , but it can not be guaranteed.

You can read up on the import of these fish here: http://www.arowanaclub.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=6292

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
According to the owner of Dreamfish:

"To the best of my knowledge, Dreamfish Inc. is the only arowana farm that uses point grading system to measure the quality of arowana bred in our farm. Within each point, there is a set of selection criteria based on years of experience and data collection. This grading system is also the basis for setting our sales price."
Here is a link to the Dreamfish Asian arowana grading system:

http://merlionarowana.com/member/index.php/blogs/2/31/mer-lion-arowana-blog-23-the-ar

arowanaD

Feeder Fish
Apr 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi every one. I'm the guy who selling RTG arowana on kijiji.
And that was my fail to put "RTG" as "HBRTG". I deleted the ads.
I'm sorry.

I'm a new fish keeper of arowana, when I got the shipment just want to sell good price as personal idea.
Dream fish has really high quality of arowana, they are very hard to resolved as"RTG" or "HB" if without the certificate.
I'm still learning.
Just let you know I have the chip scanner bought from the fish farm. I'm using now. And each arowana baby I feed them sherimp and Hikari arowana food and worm too. Keep them in good colour.
All of my customer very happy with my arowana and service.
Once again I'm sorry to everyone.

royy1508

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2015
GTA
Thanks for clearing everything up man. I'm sorry if I lure away potential customers; I was just stating from my observations. But I see that you are reputable and really appreciate the post. Good luck with the sales. I hear very good things about the farm. I also see that you dropped the price. Good for you! I would be interested in one if I didn't already buy a HBRTG.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store