URGENT HELP PLEASE!!!!!

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
i brought 3 clown loaches a week ago they are with a group of 5, one of the clown loaches are not eating he is about 4 inches and very thin.
what do you guys suggest? the other cl are eating like pigs, he seems to be very shy compared to the others only active when the lights are out.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Might be low fish on the pecking order and is being out competed for food. If you have the ability it might be good to separate into a tank by itself and see if it will eat. Fatten it up a bit and try it back in the main tank. If it is a new fish that was not quarantined you might have much bigger problems. Either way I would separate it if I could.

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
Treat for "skinny." If he's showing his backbone it might be too late, but try anyway.

Use Levamisole http://www.loaches.com/Members/shari2/levamisole-hydrochloride-1
Dr. Roy Yanong, V.M.D. recommends the following for treating fish with internal parasites susceptible to Levamisole HCl:

"In answer to your question, the dosage rate for levamisole in a bath is 2 mg/L (2 ppm) for 24 hours (followed by 70-100% water change, and siphon the bottoms of the tanks), with repeat treatments necessary--retreat in 2-3 weeks, and probably one more time after that. This is regardless of size of fish."
Followed up by something with metronidazole.
Also, soaking food in epsom salts is a good idea.

I've used Hex-Shield by NLS on fish that are eating with good results, but likely you'll need to dose with the medication to ensure it is being properly treated due to loss of appetite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store