Salt dosage for cloudy eyes and split fins?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
How much salt would you guys use in 230gal tank to clear cloudy eyes and little bit of ripped fins? then size of water change after?

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
best to do a water change first then add salt.

theraputic dosages will not harm the fish, it will help.

best to do another water change in a week as well. cloudy eyes/fin rot tends to only show up in tanks with higher nitrate levels (fish more subsceptible to the bacterial infections that cause these) so increase the frequency of your water changes to keep the nitrates low.

hope this helps

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
my question is why the split fins and cloudy eyes? do you know what you are treating?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Thanks guys for the help! can i use Saxo table/cooking salt becouse dont wont to use marine salt as will make water Harder and raise ph"

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
my question is why the split fins and cloudy eyes? do you know what you are treating?
The cichla and flagtail have cloudy eyes and split side fins becouse i picked them up last saturday from a young chap who had bean moveing out his moms to girlfriends" and had not bean doing water changes and looking after fish in general" The ph was that low" it was off the scale! id say amonia burns and with him catching fish it made it alot worse and split the fins also!!

These have gone into new tank with no nitrates and ph of 7.5 and kh of 4 and tds 150ppm" Hope this helps there eyes and fins!

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
The cichla and flagtail have cloudy eyes and split side fins becouse i picked them up last saturday from a young chap who had bean moveing out his moms to girlfriends" and had not bean doing water changes and looking after fish in general" The ph was that low" it was off the scale! id say amonia burns and with him catching fish it made it alot worse and split the fins also!!

These have gone into new tank with no nitrates and ph of 7.5 and kh of 4 and tds 150ppm" Hope this helps there eyes and fins!
Your tank has 0 nitrate? Is this tank cycled? If so, how are you keeping nitrate at 0?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Your tank has 0 nitrate? Is this tank cycled? If so, how are you keeping nitrate at 0?
Sorry buddy around 5" and its new setup! was running around 2 weeks before adding fish! The bass have bean in tank for 3 days know so will have to keep eye on nitrates being new setup!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store