Favorite Fish you've ever kept?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
What is your favorite fish you've ever kept? Why?

For me it would have to be my tropical gar. They're practically aquatic puppies. They love playing in the powerhead stream and are always really excited when I walk in the door :)

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
My fahaka is the same way. Hes probably my favorite

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
My black ghost knife I had him for a month and whenever I went by the tank he came out he was about 5" and would only hand feed safely he was ripped apart by my Ctenopama for swimming away with beef heart in his mouth and the Ctenopama decided to rip it put his mouth and took his lower jar with him, he died 5 minutes later but right before he died he swam to my hand:( I think I cried lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
My black ghost knife I had him for a month and whenever I went by the tank he came out he was about 5" and would only hand feed safely he was ripped apart by my Ctenopama for swimming away with beef heart in his mouth and the Ctenopama decided to rip it put his mouth and took his lower jar with him, he died 5 minutes later but right before he died he swam to my hand:( I think I cried lol

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard. :(

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or

Damn bro. That was better then reality tv

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
It was a long time ago, and I probably can't mention what it was, but it was purple with gold fins ;) very aggressive.

Other than that, I LOVED my buffalo head cichlid. Miss that bugger.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Add picture if you have them. I'll edit in a shot of my trop in a minute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store