Another mysterious death for mfk

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
My rope fish died ... Was fine and active last night ... Got home from work and was dead .... No wounds on him but he was bleeding from his anus .... Any one no the cause of ass blood ? Lol
internal bleeding, caused by internal bacteria. Your water must be dirty. Change your water, clean your filter

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Did you notice any blood streaks in any of the fins?

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Iv had it for a good 6 months or more was always a huge eater until about a month and a half ago he stopped eating and wasn't quite as active as he was but still moved ... Also my water is fine I do 2-3 50% wc a week to make sure of that .... And no blood in Finlets only around the anal fin is all and ok mike I'll look it up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Could be a broken heart considering all of the beautiful Polys you keep in your tank.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
That's how my first pbb died. Look up aeromonas infection for treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That's interesting my own I've just read your post about your loss. I lost a 10 inch Endli last year and was also feeding tilapia like you were. It was the first time I've ever fried fillets and I've never done it since. I was unsure as to whether there was something in the fish I was getting from the fishmonger that caused the infection? I've been too scared to have a feed to laugh here again despite hearing how great it is for Polys.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Sorry that was meant to be tried not Fried- I'm not that crazy to fry my fish before feeding them lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store