Fx6 media

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
Hey guys,
I have a sponge on the top chamber, some biomax in the middle chamber, and some chemipure elite with a sponge under it on the bottom chamber. Any suggestions on how to make the 3 chamber setup better for maximum positive influence on the tank. Tank is standard 125g

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Fill all the trays with bio. The first tray can fit the foam pad along with bio

Second all bio

Third chemipure and bio. Never used chemipure but purigen is reachargable

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
I fill mine all 3 trays with Seachem Pond Matrix. I put o e of this FX6 round form on the top of the top basket.

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Seachem Matrix is Amazing stuff. :D
Its kind of expensive but worth of every dolar.
I'm very happy with mine.
Second best is Eheim SubstratPro
I'm using both.

For mechanical - blue sponge - Eheim Biomech - Plastick Eheim MechPro - Ceramic rings - Filter floss -

That's all i use on all my tanks. ;)

Conlin2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2011
Altamonte Springs,Fl.
I run 2 FX5s on a 120g both filters have the bio-foam in the top and pond matrix in the center and bottom.

Torchia32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
California
Hey guys sorry got confused when looking back over your suggestions. If all 3 trays hold bio media(matrix) would that mean you guys leave out a product like chemi pure or purigen out of the equation? How is your water clarity on that setup?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hey guys sorry got confused when looking back over your suggestions. If all 3 trays hold bio media(matrix) would that mean you guys leave out a product like chemi pure or purigen out of the equation? How is your water clarity on that setup?

It really depends. I really dont like putting purigen in canisters chore to open just to recharge the purigen. I keep it in aquaclear filters. Except on my 75 unfortunatly its on the fx6 (bottom tray filled with a couple of bags of purigen and fill with bio)

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I use biomax in the bottom two baskets and quilt batting (filter floss). I found that the floss does a good job of trapping fine particulate matter without clogging as fast as the fine grain filter pads or the blue pads you buy in bulk. I don't use purigen for the same reasons that Jaws mentioned. It's a PITA. I've noticed that without a good fine media for the too basket, the fx6 will not capture fine particulate matter leaving a dusty look in the water. Also, my filter maintenance is simply removing the lid, pulling the floss out, and then replacing. Only once every other month do I take the filter out competent to rinse the sponges lining the perimeter of the baskets. It's hassle free IMO.

My water is crystal clear.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Sorry for all the grammatical errors. My darn phone auto spells the wrong words.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store