Can anyone help me make sense of city water tests ?

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
What are you looking for in specific? In my case I found the document where they tell you what they treat the water with, pressed Control + F and typed in chloramine, found there was no chloramine in my water, and now I don't by chloramine filters for my drip. If you are looking for something like nitrate and ammonia levels out of the tap, everywhere will be different I THINK.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
What are you looking for in specific? In my case I found the document where they tell you what they treat the water with, pressed Control + F and typed in chloramine, found there was no chloramine in my water, and now I don't by chloramine filters for my drip. If you are looking for something like nitrate and ammonia levels out of the tap, everywhere will be different I THINK.
Looking for chlorine and chloramine levels. Any other chemicals they may use that can effect fish.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Ya just ctrl+f the documents and see if you can find what you are looking for, I really don't think you'll get much out of it because it probably takes a scientist to understand and things will change by the time they get to your tap, don't see much use in the levels they use other than what it ACTUALLY is that they use, you know?

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Ya just ctrl+f the documents and see if you can find what you are looking for, I really don't think you'll get much out of it because it probably takes a scientist to understand and things will change by the time they get to your tap, don't see much use in the levels they use other than what it ACTUALLY is that they use, you know?
I don't have a computer. I use my phone.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
Does your phone have a search function for the PDF documents you open? I know mine does.

MilitantPotato

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2006
Missouri, USA
This is for South Peel.
Brampton, Mississauga and South Caledon - (South Peel Drinking Water System) (PDF, 1.3MB)
In this run, there is no ammonia added, and only one mention of chloramine:
Drinking water being directed to York Region is chloraminated using sodium hypochlorite and aqua ammonia applied at the Airport Road Pumping Station

snapshot5.pngsnapshot4.png

snapshot4.png

snapshot5.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store