What do you guys think?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I got this guy in a trade a while back. Was told that it's wc by the guy but he forgot what kind but I've caught him bsing in the past so I always just assumed that it was cb. Now I'm starting to think otherwise cause the head is extremely flat unlike all the cb's I've ever seen and it is extremely dark. I think it looks a lot like a faranah but I'm not sure. What do you guys think? ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1427998173.410566.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'm no expert. My guess is either a blind one, because it's said they tend to be much darker. But maybe it's a black Volta?

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Can you post more pictures of the head? The eyes do look a bit peculiar but it could just be the angle. Nice Tiger, by the way.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
There's needs to be a sticky on wild versus captive bred. Differences and such. It's needed. Comes up all the time.

Oh yea and nice weeksi lol!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Hahaha weeksii? Where? I don't own one. And that's actually an odoe pike haha. I'll try to get better pics of the head. I can't tell but one eye is definitely messed up but I dunno if it's blind or not. I usually don't care if it's cb or wc cuz I can usually tell right away but this guy is definitely different.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Looks cb in that shot. The bulbous nose can be a give away. Google 'platinum endlicheri' to see pics of confirmed cb specimens. The front of their head is swollen as opposed to being flat. The frog eyes are another tell, but it can go either way, as the species has froggy eyes in the wild as well. Another head shot, but of a side profile, could make it clear.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Its tough because in the first picture the head looks flat. My wc bv endli has a different head shape than in either picture. The features are more pronounced, the angles sharper. The dullness in features leads me to believe yours is cb.

ExoticGREEN

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2010
$0uth3rn C@l1f0rn!@
bro that endili is WC. CB endili have a fat shovel like head! or frog face. who ever said weeksi... your clearly drunk and should go 2 sleep

got that spoon

here's 1 of my WC endili's. the Cb have better patterns and better contrast(mine on black sand should pattern while my WC's not so much). its easy to tell whether its CB or WC for endilicheri
003.JPG

Looks faranha. Id put money on it!

003.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store