Man Room / Fish Room

Sicktrick89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Massachusetts
So i just moved into a new house and my girlfriend has granted me full access to the finished room in our basement. The room is 13'X16' and will now be my man cave full of fish tanks. The room is directly connected to our drive under garage which is perfect for fish tank projects. I will update this thread continuously as the room progresses. Thanks for looking!

First tank to be set up is my 40B that I bought from the $1 per gallon sale. I decided to paint it black (might be a dark grey). Needs another layer of paint.
IMG_1411.jpg

Here is the wall that the tank will be going on with plenty of shelves for storage.
IMG_1414.jpg

Here is my idea for suspended lighting. Thats just a GLO t5 single bulb. Thinking about some thin black chain to hold it.
IMG_1413.jpg

I also have a 55 gallon that is in the garage and that will be the next one to set up.

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Congrats on the new house, make sure to keep us updated!

Sicktrick89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Massachusetts
Well not much interest in the post but ill keep it going anyway. I decided to use two bags of fluorite as substrate. Well evidently I did not rinse it enough and it has become a nightmare, I had chocolate milk instead of aquarium water. I did about a 500% water change before I decided to take the whole tank down and rinse the fluorite and start over. I ordered some Staurogyne Repens and Dwarf Sag for a nice foreground carpeting effect. I was thinking drift wood and Anubias for the mid-ground but am open to ideas for back ground plants. Should be back with more updates tonight

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Sounds exciting. I'm just finishing my basement to do the same thing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sicktrick89

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2010
Massachusetts
IMG_1426.jpg
Heres the filtration and pothos I planted in the tank. I used a shower basket with suctions cups and it makes a perfect little pot for the pothos.

IMG_1425.jpg
Heres the full tank so far. Got the Dwarf Sag planted, drift wood, and some moss so far. The staurogyne repens should be here tomorrow.

Still haven't had time to mount the light. I also removed the air stone filter. I have to raise the water level a little and get a glass top for the tank.

More updates soon! Still looking for suggestions for livestock.

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Awesome! I'm jealous, I can't wait to work on my cave :)
No ideas on stock yet?? hmm..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store