Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Hi Folks,

I'm announcing a contest hosted by myself. I'm looking for articles reflecting the Monster Fish keeping hobby. Here are the rules (which may be adjusted, as required):

1) Original writings and pics are preferred. If other people's work/pic is included please provide the appropriate credit to the originator of said work/pic.

2) Please post to the proper forum and post the final work, with pics/drawings/illustrations, etc., in the OP (Opening Post).

3) Pic-only threads will not be considered. I'm looking for write-ups of breeding/growth/natural-aquascaping projects, taxonomic/synoptic writings,etc.

4) All eligible articles must be from today's date and onward. Articles written prior to this date are excluded (but, many thanks for them).

5) Shoot me a PM of your entry, when completed, so I may review the article. Please include your mailing name and address in the PM.

6) Entry deadline is midnight April 30th-ish. In truth, it's when I run out of prize packages.

For your efforts, I will reward you with a postage-paid Prize Package consisting of:
1. 2 MFK Aquarium decals.
2. 2 MFK Post Cards.
3. And, 2 MFK Pin-Back Buttons.

This contest is open to ALL MFK members. (Yes, I will pay for International Shipping, too).

Let the Contest Begin!!!

IMG_0088.JPG

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Very cool. I need to go delete and re-post a thread. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm not much of a writer oddball more drawing related ;) so I've no idea what to write

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

souzie

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I like to write but I'm still new to the hobby so the requisite articles are a little to advanced for me. :(

Now fish related short stories and poems, I could do. :)

Reactions: sgkill13

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I'm not much of a writer oddball more drawing related ;) so I've no idea what to write
How about a step-by-step on how you draw a fish art piece? I'm certain more folks than myself would be interested.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I like to write but I'm still new to the hobby so the requisite articles are a little to advanced for me. :(

Now fish related short stories and poems, I could do. :)
That could work. We had a thread on writing fish-related haiku poems.

I just looked up the link and re-discovered that I won that contest. Forgot all about it.

My haiku:
11. Live Feeder Day

Crowded fish, now free!!
What's moving closer to me?
Light's gone dark, can't see.

Here'sthe link:

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199973

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
How about a step-by-step on how you draw a fish art piece? I'm certain more folks than myself would be interested.
Nice idea I'll have a think what I can come up with :thumbup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store