Hi Outdoor Pond

Maritimer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2015
Eastern Canada
Will post some pictures of our our pond as soon as it unfreezes lol, It is about 15 foot long * foot ide and 4 deep at the deep end.
Also has a foot tall by 4 ft deep round fiberglass tank as a header and water fall maker.
my wives quite proud of it spends countless hours changing the rocks and scenery.

We brought al the koi and comet inside the last two years because a raccoon or bird or both cleaned us out a couple years ago but we left the punkin seeds tat I fished locally in or the winter.

They are in a 110 gallon in the the basement although a little crowded they seem fine

When I can post some pictures I'll do so I need to make a few ore posts first.

Maritimer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2015
Eastern Canada
Here is a couple pictures of the pond with the natural inhabitants. its raining and the winter frost has ruined the wood work on my header pond but an afternoons work will clear that up.
It is more of my wifes project unless there is bigger piece of granite to be moved then I am called in for sure.
Four foot deep near the water fall sloping up to pebble beach and we have to cover it with a bird net due to herons and king fishers.

we also have some pumpkinseed sunfish but we never take them out

Edit: I know it looks pretty bleak but you have to remember that less than a month ago that was all under four feet of snow.

IMG_20150425_184857.jpg

IMG_20150425_184912.jpg

IMG_20150425_184933.jpg

IMG_20150409_083502.jpg

IMG_20150409_083452.jpg

Maritimer

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2015
Eastern Canada
Thank you chub, it is really nice in the summer, these pictures do not do it credit by any means. we must have hauled in at least a ton and a half of granite to dress it and make some stone benches. I'll update over the summer.
Appreciate the comment.

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
nice pond, those herons and king fishers can be a pain. Since there are branches overhead, KF can just sit and wait for meal to surface.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store