2-3ft long silver arowanas

Deedsta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2015
arlington tx
I bought 2 silver arowanas 4days ago from craiglist the guy had them in a 130 gallon aquarium. They are 24in+++ 3years old he said they get along very fine . I took them from him and released them into my outdoor pond. My pond size is 15ft x 9ft x 4ft. Today I went to go check on them and realized that when they went near The water fall they would sorta chase each other. But when there away they don't chase each other why is that?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
As said above. I have three in my pond. And mild territorial disputes will always be there.

Glad you are giving them such a nice pond. Blessed fish :)
Pics?

Al Cat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
The Republic Of The Feelippines
arowanas loves to swim against flowing water in this case your waterfall. if the flow is consumed by one of your arowanas and there isn't enough for the other then they will get territorial. the aggression between your arowanas is just natural they will outgrow this overtime. but if you really want them to stop "the chasing" then i suggest you get more fish usually silver dollars (Metynnis argenteus) will do fine and some koi.

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
They are fighting for tht spot, tht waterfall is a good spot tht provides a lot of oxygen to breathe better so they are gonna fight for it but I doubt they are gonna harm eachother

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store