PTERODORAS GRANULOSUS

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;ZM8iyWMRv38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM8iyWMRv38[/video] I like these much better than the megalodoras uranoscopus i had they hide to much like jaguar cats. These will come out for feedings and swim a couple times a day. Also a very good cleaning crew.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I agree, they are much more lively. Mine is so fat he tips over when he lays on the bottom. My Irwini seems like he hasn't moved sine I got it. The only reason I know it isn't dead is because he hasn't decayed.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have seen these and passed on getting them in the past due to the lazy reputation of their cousins...I assumed they were just as inactive.I may have to rethink them,do they grow as big as the others?...I can only see my pair of Megaladoras well into the night and long after the lights have been turned off.

tommyfc3s

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New Jersey
I agree, they are much more lively. Mine is so fat he tips over when he lays on the bottom. My Irwini seems like he hasn't moved sine I got it. The only reason I know it isn't dead is because he hasn't decayed.
My Irwini is the same way it hardly ever moves only reason i know its still alive is because i came home to it in a different spot last night. luckily his hiding spot puts him right in the front of my tank so i can at least watch him do nothing.

Awesome catfish op i love nice active fish like this. great patterning too

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
My Irwini is the same way it hardly ever moves only reason i know its still alive is because i came home to it in a different spot last night. luckily his hiding spot puts him right in the front of my tank so i can at least watch him do nothing.

Awesome catfish op i love nice active fish like this. great patterning too
THANKS

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
My pterodoras granulosus is around 8 inches last time i saw him (a few months ago) and i never saw him once unless i an vacuuming the gravel. He is in my 450 gallon and i think he is in the pile of 100+ pounds of live rock. They get around 36".

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
I have seen these and passed on getting them in the past due to the lazy reputation of their cousins...I assumed they were just as inactive.I may have to rethink them,do they grow as big as the others?...I can only see my pair of Megaladoras well into the night and long after the lights have been turned off.
I had a few small ones and actually sold/gave them away due to their hyperactivity especially at feeding time. It was just too much for their tank mates. They would be great in the right set up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store