How can i teach an arowana to eat pellets

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
My uncle for a few arowanas a few days ago about 4-6 inches. for the pass few days i went to his house and new him feed his fish i only see him feed his arowana life crickets. i heard crickets can be good for arowana but i thought wouldn't be better if u feed them pellets? i asked my uncle and he said they will starting to eat pellets as they grow. does anyone know what other way to feed arowana pellets other than as they grow bigger and also what kind of food do you guys think is best for arowana. i guess crickets are good for arowana but if they eat it everyday isnt that bad or is it ok with them?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
He should start training on pellets now. Most folks use Hikari food sticks (theirs essentially a smaller and jumbo size). There's also pellet versions of that as well. Basically, the pellet/sticks should be the main source (staple), IMO. It's good to also mix in other food / live food. Has he tried feeding any pellets yet, or, just waiting until it gets bigger? This is actually the time to start and not wait, I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store