flower stingrays

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I initially was going to start my Ray venture with flowers but after reading about them i went with Henlei Rays instead. I know many say they don't get any bigger than black Rays etc but that's very much untrue as far as I've seen. With Rays that size you don't have much choice but to have a 12x6 tank once they are adult size if you want them to live long and happy lives. They're very beautiful but the requirements are very extensive.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mscamp02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2011
Mt. Sterling KY
very hard to keep rays. i bought one when a few big shipments came in because its one of those dream fish but stingray keeper is spot on on the size, they will get big and bigger than your typical black or brown ray will. Right now I can give mine a good home but I will have to upgrade in a few years provided I can keep her that long.

Since I got her several months back she has been the most difficult ray to keep and still is. i've kept a variety of black and brown rays and even had success in breeding. Honestly if I could redo it I would have bought a nice p12,13, or 14. I spent 400 on my flower but have spent about 150 on meds (bacterial and parasite treatments) dedicated her own 225g tank, spent countless on live blackworms and even still she is not in 100% great shape and needs to put on weight, although I got her eating more finally.

Several members off of here bought one within the past few months and I know of a couple that havent made it and havent heard anything out of the rest of the ones that I know bought them.

marineman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
New Jersey
I have a female Flower stingray for over a year now, she eats almost everything i put in the system,The Flower stingray is one of my favorite stingrays.

Reactions: Rghfor

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
This is the ultimate truth to it all with flowers,

The sad truth is people (even very experienced) rarely keep em alive more than 2 months. Beautiful rays...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I have heard it has to do with temps. I heard they were colder water and don't do well in the 80f+ most rays are kept in. Anyone ever try colder?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store