GOLDFISH FISHING TIPS??? URGENT!

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Hey guys, I found a good spot under a bridge in a small river (called little river) only about 11 yards wide at most, so I found a good spot for crappie and I knew there was large goldfish in the river, just didn't know where. and I found their hangout area. So anyways I see HUGE beautifully coloured goldfish (atleast 5 at a time) about 10-13+" long! But they're so damn picky! I've tried worms, algae strips, netting, snagging, and dough balls. They don't really get close enough for a net (they stay about 2m away). I've also concluded they school with the crappie. Any magical baits or methods I can use to get these guys? I plan on keeping one in my 120 until I can open my small pond.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Also I caught two STUNNING small ones by net (they're only about 3-4") because they're slower and really close to shore. I can provide pics if you guys want :)

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Sure - I'd like to see them.

If you want to keep them, why on earth would you even consider snagging?

I'm surprised you haven't picked up the universal goldfish food - BREAD :)

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Also - actually - you could start feeding them (pellets, bread, etc) and get them used to it, and lure them closer to the bank, and net them up.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Well goldfish are tough fish so they should recover from a snag, but it didn't work anyways lol XD. I guess that feeding them's the only option. How do you think waxworms would work 0.o I'll post them as soon as I get home :) I have about 2 pounds of extra cichlid pellets I don't use sooo XD

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
If you think it's OK to snag a fish just because it "may" recover - you should not be keeping fish at all.
Terrible ethics at play here.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
catch them all....get them out of there...theres nothing I hate more than seeing 10 million goldfish take over a pond or stream....not the fishes fault obviously but maaaaaan I hate that haha

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Screw the fish living I'll toss them on the bank any day. Go get a cheap one at a petstore.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Screw the fish living I'll toss them on the bank any day. Go get a cheap one at a petstore.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
This isn't really an option for me, goldfish their size here are 50 BUCKS! I live in a city in Canada with little to no aquarium aqua culture... Plus wild goldfish are more hardy and look a little nicer and are more healthy. Plus I can sell them to my LFS for $30 each :) A free goldfish WITH profit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store