Fluval FX6 warnings

GlennDalton

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2015
Cloverdale
www.facebook.com
I have two warnings for those of you who have Fluval FX6 canister filters. The first is the intake screen is slightly concave on the side that faces the glass and is held away from the glass by the suction cups that attach to posts. This allows just enough room for smaller fish (In my case 15 gram ryukins) to get trapped. The second is something very basic but highly important. After cleaning the filter I accidentally reattached the canister with the input and output tubes reversed. It resulted in 5 of my precious rukins being sucked into the output down into the impeller where they were ground up. I suggest you do not use the suction cups with the intake and be very careful not to reverse the input and output hoses. Other than that I really do love my Fluval FX6. It's completely silent and can handle whatever I through at it.

Good fish keeping,

Glenn

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
the first warning is definitely something you have to watch with any and all wall hung aquarium apparatus'. Heaters, intake and return fittings, HOB intakes, anything can be a trap for a fish. As for the second "warning"...that's again something you need to watch on all can filters or the above mentioned with result for any tank inhabitant small enough to fit into the return line turned vacuum cleaner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store